Those who produce audio for transcription on a regular basis usually make a substantial investment in the right equipment to create high-quality recordings. However, for content creators who only produce occasional audio, spending hundreds of dollars on specialised hardware makes little sense. In these circumstances there is a very useful software package available from NCH Software called Express Dictate (http://www.nch.com.au/express/index.html). This package produces audio quality that is close to that of a dedicated recorder.
Once you load Express Dictate onto your iPhone, iPad, desktop PC, or laptop, you have effectively turned it into a “dictation station” that can record your audio and send it directly to your transcriptionist (securely encrypted if desired) for processing.
The Express Dictate feature set includes:
• Digital audio recording with superb signal processing quality;
• Capacity to record to wav, mp3 or dct formats;
• Voice-activated recording so long silences are not included;
• Ability to assign priority to individual dictations;
• Capacity to prompt for patient or file data before recording starts;
• Power to save to your hard drive, or send recordings immediately to a transcriptionist by email, over a local network or via FTP (File Transfer Protocol);
• Potential to use encryption, perfect to secure patient or client data for transmission over the Internet (HIPAA compliant);
• Capability to attach additional files or notes for your typist to recordings;
• Functionality allowing you to view work progress or recover sent dictations;
• Audio compression to reduce file and transmission size;
• Compatibility with hand controllers or foot pedals;
• Easy-to-use interface so you can be dictating in just minutes.
If you already have a digital recorder, you can also “dock” those recordings into Express Dictate to take advantage of the encryption and transfer features that are available.
Call to Action!
If you’ve decided to give Express Dictate a trial, why not combine it with high-quality transcription from The Transcription People. We can help you make the most of the audio that you create, and would welcome the opportunity to show you how cost-effective our services are.
Contact us today for a quote.
Unable to display Facebook posts.